Tuesday 7 September 2010

View From My Office Window




I am very fortunate that I get to work in some very lovely locations. As you can see above, the current site is no exception. I am also lucky to be able to glimpse a range of wildlife. Apart from a single duck, this particular stretch of stream has until today been very quiet. Though there are crayfish and trout elsewhere along this river, none have ventured close. Maybe my hammer is too noisy.

So you can imagine my excitement when I heard some splashing today, and I looked around to see an animal that I understand is starting to move back to the local rivers. As you can see below, I was able to capture the moment on my camera phone. It's not a great picture, but if you look carefully you can just make out the familiar form of a water otter.

4 comments: